22 – 23 Dec 2022 (Thursday and Friday) 8:00pm
Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes no intermission
A theatrical musical celebration of our oceans showcasing Benjamin Britten’s Four Sea Interludesand breathtaking footage of Hong Kong marine lifefrom Oceans Tomorrow, and much more!
This December, join us for a theatrical musicalperformance inspired by the beauty of the oceans and regional marine life. Presented by the musicians of Young Pro Platform, , the unique immersive event combines musical performance with elements of theatre and installation, as well as breathtaking footage of Hong Kong marine life from Oceans Tomorrow by National Geographic Creative Works, produced for Swire TrustTomorrow initiative.
The work at the centre of the performance, Benjamin Britten’s Four Sea Interludes, contemplates the shifting moods of the ocean – “Dawn”, “Sunday Morning”, “Moonlight” and “Storm”. The programme also includes Workers Union by Louis Andriessen, a dramatised rendition of marine conservation, along with the theme song to Oceans Tomorrow workshop, and more.
The performance is directed and conducted by Sharon Andrea Choa, with stage direction by Roy Szeto. The event also marks the 2022/23 season launch of The Young Pro Platform.
Special thanks to Tin Ka Ping Foundation for sponsoring the event.
Four Sea Interludes by Benjamin Britten (arranged by Alice Hui and Fox Chan)
Workers Union by Louis Andriessen
Pas de cinq by Mauricio Kagel
Theme song to “Oceans Tomorrow” ^Workshop by Jodie Chan (orchestrated by Jacky Leung)
^ Oceans Tomorrow is produced for The Swire “TrustTomorrow” initiative by National Geographic Creative Works
Young Pro Platform is one of the core schemes of The Orchestra Academy Hong Kong, an orchestral training programme co-directed by the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra and The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts. The programme is funded by ‘TrustTomorrow’ of The Swire Group Charitable Trust.
Artistic Director and Conductor: Sharon Andrea Choa
Dramaturg: Roy Szeto
Theatre Director: Tony Wong
Performed by The Orchestra Academy Hong Kong
Violin: Calvin Cheng Ho-chung, Vivian Shen Ting-Chia*
Viola: Winnie Yiu Wing-yue
Cello: Shawn Tam
Double Bass: Yvonne Chan Yui-woon
Flute: Angus Lee Yi-wei, Alice Hui Ka-ching
Oboe: Holly Ao Ho-i*
Clarinet: Ryan Wan*
Bassoon: So Lo-ling, Kaden Yim Ho-yan
Saxophone: Jacky Leung, Herman Pong Tin-yau
Horn: Rainbow Sun Xijun, Alfred Lee^
Trumpet: Oscar Lam Wai-hang
Trombone: Jimmy Chiu Hon-kuen*
Percussion: Bryony Che Hiu-lam, Sunny Ho Tze-fai
Harp: Chan Tsz Shun^
* Fellows of The Orchestra Academy Hong Kong
^ Guest musicians
The Box, Freespace
$250 for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion, Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients and full-time students. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
Suitable for ages 6 and above
● Above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers.
● If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right.
● All discount offers are available on a first come, first served basis according to availability.
● All promotions are subject to relevant terms and conditions.
● You are recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break.
● In line with the latest government regulations and in the interests of community health, the seating capacity is reduced and may affect the admission and seating arrangement. Please check back for event announcements and updates.
● For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
-Please read the following: Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
● The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme without prior notice.
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.